Lone Star Nature Art Competition & Exhibition Official Rules
Entry Dates June 1 - August 15
Introducing the inaugural Lone Star Nature Arts Competition presented by Texas Discovery Gardens at Fair Park! Artists of all ages and skill-set are encouraged to enter Texas-related art in categories including:
- Wood Carving
- Anyone with a passion for art and nature can enter.
- If an entrant is under 18 years old a parent or guardian must provide Texas Discovery Gardens with permission for their child to enter the contest.
HOW TO ENTER
- Entrants must complete the Lone Star Nature Art Show Entry Form. Entrant must complete one form per piece.
- A high resolution (300 dpi or higher) digital image of the art piece must be uploaded with the form. If the submission is 3-D (i.e. sculptures and wood carvings) at least four (300 dpi or higher) digital images must be submitted -- front, back, right side , and left side.
- Entrant will provide a statement containing the story and inspiration behind the design and its content, must be turned in with the form.
- Entrants may submit up to 5 pieces per category.
- $25 Registration Fee per entry.
- Entrant must complete one submission form per entry.
Judges representing and picked by Texas Discovery Gardens, including experts from Collectors Covey and Discovery Gallery Curator Brenda McKinney, will choose winners and runner ups in each category. Winners will be notified on or before August 31, 2018 via the email or phone number provided to Texas Discovery Gardens. Winners will have their work displayed at Texas Discovery Gardens throughout the State Fair of Texas, September 28 - October 21.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place entries will receive a cash prize. One $1,000 Grand Prize will be awarded to the Best of Show out of all the categories.
Winners, runner ups, and other entrants invited to exhibit their work may submit their piece(s) via shipping company or choose to hand-deliver to Texas Discovery Gardens. Submissions will be returned to the entrant the way they were submitted.
Drawings, photos, prints, and paintings must arrive ready-to-hang. Sculptures and wood carvings must be mailed or delivered without the need for assembly.
An entrant may choose to mail their work to Texas Discovery Gardens for exhibition, all items must arrive by September 21, 2018. Return postage, either in the form of prepaid postage, stamps, or check, must be included with the submission or sent to Texas Discovery Gardens before the last day of the State Fair of Texas (October 21, 2018.)
IF DELIVERING VIA UPS OR FEDEX, use the Texas Discovery Gardens' physical address: 3601 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Dallas, TX 75210.
IF MAILING VIA U.S. POSTAL SERVICE, use Texas Discovery Gardens' P.O. Box: PO Box 152537 Dallas, TX 75315.
If choosing to hand-deliver item(s), all entries must be dropped off at Texas Discovery Gardens during operating hours (10 am to 5 pm) on or before August 15, 2018. Items will be made available for pick-up October 23-26, 2018.