Lone Star Nature Art Competition & Exhibition Official Rules
No longer accepting submissions.
thanks to those who entered!
(8/13/2018 Exhibition instructions have been updated)
(9/5/2018 Winner selection process has been updated)
Introducing the inaugural Lone Star Nature Arts Competition presented by Texas Discovery Gardens at Fair Park! Artists of all ages and skill-set are encouraged to enter Texas-related art in categories including:
- Wood Carving
- Anyone with a passion for art and nature can enter.
- If an entrant is under 18 years old a parent or guardian must provide Texas Discovery Gardens with permission for their child to enter the contest.
HOW TO ENTER
- Entrants must complete the Lone Star Nature Art Show Entry Form. Entrant must complete one form per piece.
- A high resolution (300 dpi or higher) digital image of the art piece must be uploaded with the form. If the submission is 3-D (i.e. sculptures and wood carvings) at least four (300 dpi or higher) digital images must be submitted -- front, back, right side , and left side.
- Entrant will provide a statement containing the story and inspiration behind the design and its content, must be turned in with the form.
- Entrants may submit up to 5 pieces per category.
- $25 Registration Fee per entry.
- Entrant must complete one submission form per entry.
Judges representing and picked by Texas Discovery Gardens, including experts from Collectors Covey and Discovery Gallery Curator Brenda McKinney, will choose winners and runner ups in each category. Winners will be in-person by our judges once all artwork is received. The announcements will be made once the judges have reached a decision.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place entries will receive a cash prize. One $1,000 Grand Prize will be awarded to the Best of Show out of all the categories.
Winners, runner ups, and other entrants invited to exhibit their work, will receive delivery and pick-up instructions from a Texas Discovery Gardens representative after the winners have been notified. Please note that there is no need to bring any physical pieces to Texas Discovery Gardens until you are invited to exhibit your work.
The Lone Star Nature Art Exhibition will be displayed at Texas Discovery Gardens throughout the State Fair of Texas, September 28 - October 21.