Director of Development
Responsible for planning, organizing, directing and implementing all fundraising efforts, including but not limited to: grant writing, major gifts, annual fund, planned giving, special events, annual fundraiser, sponsorships, underwriting and capital campaigns. The Director will work closely with and report to the Executive Director in all fundraising efforts.
- Must embrace the mission of Texas Discovery Gardens.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge of and experience in fundraising methods.
- Be skilled in working with and motivating staff, Board members and volunteers.
- Skills to build external mutually-beneficial relationships.
- Be a self-starter, make cold calls, and be goal driven.
- Be organized, follow through and pay attention to details.
- Have a positive, can-do attitude, demonstrate concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense be a good listener.
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Some experience necessary, but ability to prove past success a must!
- Meet perspective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Coordinate fund raising special events.
- Direct employee fundraising drives.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Work Closely with Dick Davis Executive Director, and Board of Directors.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about the Texas Discovery Gardens with the community.
- Staff Board Development Committee meetings.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Supervise and collaborate with other fundraising staff.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
E-mail resume to Trish Perchalla at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE MISSION CONTINUES FELLOWSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
If you served in the military in 2001 or later, you may be eligible to participate in a six month Fellowship through “The Mission Continues.” This organization gives you a stipend and leadership training in exchange for volunteering 20 hours per week at a DFW nonprofit. Texas Discovery Gardens is eligible; a position in our greenhouse and gardens is perfect for someone interested in learning the tools of the horticulture trade. Find elegibility details and how to apply here.