Full time w/ benefits.
Texas Discovery Gardens at Fair Park seeks an outgoing, detail oriented individual to become our next full-time Education Administrator. Applicants will be responsible for booking and invoicing education programs and field trips, with a goal to increase program attendance. Duties will also include teacher communication, representing the Education Department at various festivals/fairs, scheduling garden reservations and other various tasks.
- Complete all administrative duties associated with the EarthKeepers Children’s Education Department
- Handle all communications with and booking of self-guided tours.
- Handle all administrative aspects of the Adult Education department
- Manage Butterfly Habitat Certification Program
- Handle all administrative aspects of booking children’s birthday parties in the Earthkeepers’ Classroom.
- Process all non-membership payments received by mail, over the phone, in person, or through the website that are not part of daily admissions sales
- Process donations, in coordination with the Development Department
- Represent Texas Discovery Gardens at city events (Parks and Rec. fairs, etc.), vendor fairs, and all education related events, excluding Educator-taught Outreach Programs and Career Days at schools
QUALIFICATIONS and requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent written communication skills, while being able to quickly shift gears and multitask
- Extremely organized and thrives in fast paced environments
- Advanced experience working with the public with a desire to put customer service first
- Ability to complete tasks successfully with minimal supervision
- Must be able to accurately convey information in English (Spanish a plus)
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying the concerns of visitors, volunteers, teachers and co-workers
- Must maintain composer and objectivity under pressure
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately
- Must maintain confidentiality of all financial, membership and donor information
E-mail resume to Trish Perchalla at firstname.lastname@example.org.